CAREERS AT PROGRESSIVE BILLINGAPPLY NOW
Job Type: Full-Time
We currently have a position available at our office for a Medical Collector with experience Billing, Collecting, or Payment posting for Pain Management to work in a private fast paced Medical Billing Office that allows the opportunity to learn more about the key aspects that lead to Progressive Billings success. This opportunity will allow you to work closely with some of our most experienced team members and requires prior experience in order to apply. We are seeking a candidate that will be able to jump in and be familiar with medical terminology along with how to work an aging report and other duties that come with working in the Medical Billing field.
Core Duties and responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Collects delinquent accounts and establishes payment arrangements.
- Resubmits claims to insurance company as necessary.
- Corrects insurance information in patient demographics as needed.
- Appeals claims when denied by carrier and gathers information necessary for claim appeals.
- Processes any refund request, runs patient statements, and prepares accounts for collection agency.
- Monitors and works collection reports as assigned.
- Reports to management notice of any issues effecting collections.
- Attends meetings and collection workshops.
- Assists front desk personnel via phone and email communication.
- Distributes pertinent information to department regarding insurance changes.
- Stays current with Governmental Guidelines affecting reimbursement and maintains assigned Collection targets.
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment.Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate multi-line telephone system.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when on the phones with insurance companies, patients, and front office staff.
- Must be punctual and timely when workings scheduled shift.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collections processes.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and medical terminology.